Lecturing staff employed in 2023 are eligible to receive an Attraction and Retention Incentive of $15,000 (pa, gross – to be adjusted pro rata for FTE). Eligible staff will receive a percentage of this payment on commencement at NRTAFE, with the remainder paid on the anniversary of start date. Staff must remain employed in the location for 12 months to be eligible to receive the second payment.
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
As a measure to achieve equality, sections 51, 66R and 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 apply to this position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people (24 years of age and under) and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply and to indicate within their application to which diversity group they belong.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the Position
We are looking for an inspirational lecturer who is passionate about passing their vocation onto the workforce of the future.
This position will be delivering relevant units from CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services, including full qualification.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Significant relevant industry/ vocational or lecturing experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Relevant vocational qualifications and/or competencies at least to the level to be delivered and assessed including:
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services or equivalent
- It is preferred that applicants already possess a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or can demonstrate willingness or progression towards achieving it.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Nine (9) weeks paid leave
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Country Incentive Allowance or Salary Location
- Generous travel subsidy (subject to eligibility)
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised housing (subject to eligibility & availability)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- WA TAFE Lecturers’ General Agreement 2022 and Teachers (Public Sector Technical and Further Education) Award 1993
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Suellyn Bennett on (08) 9159 6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including 2 (two) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRL111.23S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Tuesday 19 September 2023 at 4:00pm (WST).