Permanent full time opportunity at either Karratha or Pundulmurra (South Hedland) Campuses.
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As a measure to achieve equality, sections 51, 66R and 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 apply to this position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people (24 years of age and under) and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply and to indicate within their application to which diversity group they belong.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
We are looking for an experienced person with an information technology back ground to lead our service desk support team.
In this role you will Coordinate and provide quality technical ICT support services for clients. Manage the Service Desk and escalation processes to ensure effective operations of the organisations networked computer systems and communications network. Have responsibility for SOE development and deployment. Provide ongoing maintenance and support of corporate hardware and software assets. Provide direction, advice and training to Service Desk staff. Manages designated ICT projects
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Knowledge in administering Server environments and experience with operating systems and applications including Microsoft Server, Exchange Server and Active Directory.
- Highly-developed expertise in support and administration of desktop environment operating systems using tools such as SCCM, ZENWORKS, ALTIRIS.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage clients and team needs and expectations and provide a flexible, responsive service and advice.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to deal effectively and efficiently with problems in an operational IT environment.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional 2 (two) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy (subject to eligibility)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised Housing (subject eligibility & availability)
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2021 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Craig Coulson, Manager Information Services on (08) 9193 8995 or email Craig.Coulson@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including 2 (two) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form
Advertised Reference Number: NRG110.23S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Wednesday 20 September 2023 at 4:00pm (WST).