Hello, are you… An innovator? A problem solver? A team player? A customer focused thinker? Committed to helping others? Interested in contributing to the health of all Western Australians?
This is an exciting time for HSS and we’re looking for adaptable, motivated, and resilient people to join our growing team.
Before you read this job ad, please note, HSS can make reasonable adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process. If this is relevant for you, please refer to the contact details under the ‘Application and Interview Support’ section of this job ad.
As the Western Australian Government agency providing shared services to the state’s public health system, we provide a suite of financial, ICT, procurement and supply, and workforce services to more than 50,000 employees across WA’s public health services and hospitals.
Put simply, we work behind the scenes to ensure the WA health system runs smoothly.
Whether you work in our corporate offices, at our customers’ sites, or at our warehouses Boorda and Jindakoort located in Jandakot - we are one united team of over 1,200 people.
Our vision is to provide great services to our customers, be a valued partner, and support the health of all Western Australians. We seek to achieve this by delivering on our purpose of supporting our customers to provide excellent health care.
Find out more about us www.hss.health.wa.gov.au
Your new role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and suitably experienced person for the role of Nurse Educator – NurseWest.
This is a Permanent Full Time appointment.
As part of the Health Support Services (HSS) Workforce and Organisational Development Business Unit, the Nurse Educator is a specialist leadership role responsible for:
- Promoting effective teaching and influence best practice education of Nursing staff.
- Development and evaluation of educational programs, polices and curriculum.
- Setting and monitoring of clinical standards
Please view the Job Description Form (JDF), found above, which provides a full statement of duties for the position.
If you thrive in a fast paced, multifaceted working environment, and are eager to contribute to our purpose of supporting our customers to provide excellent health care, we would love to hear from you.
Why join our team
Be part of an organisation that enables you to make a meaningful contribution and positively impact the community in which we live.
We’re guided by five values in everything we do at HSS – in the way we work, how we make decisions and the way we behave:
- We put our customers at the heart of what we do
- We value and care for each other
- We promise, we own, we do
- We will find a way
- We make a difference together
At HSS, we embrace diversity and believe that our best services come from a workplace where varied perspectives and experiences are welcomed and encouraged. We are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workforce and encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, members of our LGBTQIA+ community, women and youth.
Benefits of working with HSS
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer you a range of benefits, which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 10.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible working and leave arrangements
- Discounts with our corporate partners
- Health and well-being initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other professional and location-based allowances.
Want to know more?
Please contact Laura Ellis on 08 6373 4045 if you would like to discuss more about the role and team you’ll be working with.
Are you ready to apply?
To be successful with your application, you are required to:
- Provide evidence of your Australian citizenship or permanent residency (to be considered for permanent positions in the WA public sector).
- Undertake a criminal record screening, working with children check (if required for the role), a pre-employment health assessment and integrity check, as part of the appointment process. We may ask referees to comment on your integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
Application and interview support
If you have any access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, please contact the HSS Work, Health and Safety team.
If you are an Aboriginal person who would like assistance with your application, please contact Jobs and Skills WA on 13 64 64.
How to apply
You’ve heard from us, now we’d like to hear from you.
Submit your application online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the bottom of this page. You will need to provide:
- a cover letter with no more than 2-3 pages that demonstrates you have the skills and experience we are looking for (as outlined in the JDF), with particular focus on the selection criteria (also outlined in the JDF);
- a comprehensive CV that clearly shows your experience relevant to this role; and
- the names and contact details of 2 professional referees. It is preferable for one of your referees to be your current supervisor or manager.
Ensure you have saved your documents in one of the following formats .doc, .xls, .pdf, .rtf or .ppt. Please be aware that that .docx or .xlsx files are not accepted formats.
Please allow plenty of time to submit your application, as late, emailed and proforma applications will not be accepted.
Submitting your application
Your application must be submitted online by 4:00pm Thursday 27 July 2023. You must have a current, valid email address to apply online and this email address will be used by HSS to communicate with you.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact HSS on 13 44 77 (select option 2 from the menu options) for immediate assistance during business hours.
As the submission is system generated, any submissions on, or after, 4:00pm cannot be accepted.
Other information for applicants
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill this vacancy, it may also be used to appoint applicants, assessed as suitable during this selection process, to the same or other similar positions at HSS for up to 12 months.
Thank you for considering a role with HSS.