Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE815467
Examination Development is seeking to establish a pool of Examination Development Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2023 and up to the end of May, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2023, up to the end of May, 2024.
The Role and our Branch
School Curriculum and Standards is seeking passionate and committed staff to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Examination Development Support Officers provide support for a team of desktop publishers in the development of ATAR course examination materials and Externally Set Task (EST) materials. The suitable applicant will provide advice in the use of advanced desktop publishing software Adobe lnDesign, Microsoft Word and other software to produce from rough copies high-quality print-ready master copies. You will support the team of desktop publishers in monitoring work for instructions and feedback throughout the process and make modifications, where necessary.
The suitable applicant will provide technical and customer support to examiners, writers and desktop publishers in the use of Adobe lnDesign, word processing software and other desktop publishing software and associated hardware, the use of multimedia resources and processing copyright registers. The Examination Development Support Officer will assist the team of desktop publishers with the design and development of graphics for the examinations and EST materials whilst establishing files in appropriate formats for the use by desktop publishers.
Who are we
Visit www.scsa.wa.edu.au for further information.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated desktop publishing skills and experience in Adobe lnDesign, Microsoft Word and a range of associated software, including conversion to PDF, scanning and inserting graphics.
- Demonstrated well developed skills in design and development of graphics using software packages such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Demonstrated sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to negotiate effectively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to support a small team and provide advice on the organisation and management of workloads.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Buddhini Daluwatta, Examination Development Consultant by telephoning (08) 9273 6315 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 June 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED