The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
About the Role
We are seeking an individual with strong leadership and management skills to fill the position of Engineering Assurance Manager. Reporting to the Rail Engineering Manager, the winning candidate will be responsible for management and oversight of the assurance processes for all aspects of project works including Systems Engineering, during the planning and project development stages. This includes but is not limited to reliability, configuration management, requirements management and technical interface management. The role is critical in ensuring the planning and design of PTA infrastructure is compliant in meeting construction, operations and maintenance requirements.
To ensure success you will possess:
- An appropriate Engineering Degree qualification that would satisfy admission to the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Substantial experience in Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, and the use of requirement management systems on multi-discipline projects.
- Substantial experience in design, construction, operation and maintenance in a railway environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic perspective in relation to rail infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated management skills including resource, people and project management, converting strategies into operational plans, and achieving operational outcomes.
There is one permanent position available on a full-time basis. This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Ms Magdalena Szostkowska, Rail Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 2478 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing the following Selection Criteria from the JDF, in no more than 2 pages;
- Core Competencies
- Leadership and Management
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be assessed on all remaining Selection Criteria in the JDF during the selection process.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.