Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE819824
Information ECT is seeking to establish a pool of Computer Operations Officer’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2023 and up to the end of June, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2023, up to the end of June, 2024.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Exams, Certification and Testing Division is seeking dedicated Computer Operations Officers to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
You will coordinate and maintain information technology (IT) helpdesk services including resolving computing and communication for staff and maintaining records within the help desk systems and databases. Knowledge in Microsoft Suite, Cisco WebEx and Internet Telephony is highly desirable. You will liaise with internal and external clients to resolve computing and communication issues, installing and configuring upgrades to the devices and providing technical input and recommendations to the Senior Consultant.
As the Computer Operations Officer you will ensure effective records are maintained in accordance with the departments record keeping policy and liaise with offsite facilities to organise the storage of data. You will be coordinating the system process for the annual Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) course examinations whilst providing support to relevant systems during the ATAR exam period.
Who are we
The School Curriculum and Standards Division provides administrative and secretariat services for, and implements the decisions of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority). The Authority provides quality curriculum, assessment and standards to enable all Western Australian students to become confident, creative learners and active, informed citizens who contribute positively to society.
The Examinations, Certification and Testing (ECT) Directorate is responsible for implementing the logistics for the delivery of the ATAR course examinations, the Externally Set Tasks (EST) and the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) across Western Australia and including the delivery of the literacy and numeracy assessments of the Online Literacy Numeracy Assessment (OLNA).
Visit our website to view our branch and staff members. For more information before applying for a position please read “How to Apply” on our website.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in systems administration and the control and support of personal computers, systems software (including Microsoft Teams 365 and Cisco WebEx), Internet Telephony systems and related hardware in a network environment.
- Demonstrated well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated well developed organisational skills, including the ability to deliver outcomes on schedule.
- Demonstrated well developed problem solving skills in the context of a computing environment.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Ben Businovski, Manager - Information Systems ECT by telephoning (08) 9273 6320 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 June 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED