Please note that the closing date for this position has been extended until 5pm Tuesday 30 May 2023
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We provide a friendly and professional working environment including; access to training and development opportunities, health and wellness programs, on-site gym, end of trip facilities, subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles, salary packaging and access to flexible working arrangements. The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The PTA is committed to managing its business activities in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. Working across the organisation, our Environmental Services Branch strives to drive positive environmental and social outcomes for current and future generations. We value our contribution to the community and are looking for a Principal level environmental professional who shares the same values to join our growing team.
We are recruiting a Principal Environment Officer to lead a team of environmental professionals responsible for providing specialist environmental management advice to PTA’s operational business units and to continuously improve PTA’s environmental performance as our public transport system grows. Developing strategies to facilitate delivery of the team’s priorities and supporting the development of colleagues are essential aspects of the role.
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Highly developed leadership and management skills with a demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop staff, and foster strong working relationships within a team
- Proven knowledge and extensive experience in environmental management, especially those issues that affect planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of public transport infrastructure;
- Proven performance in the preparations and management of budgets; and
- A relevant tertiary qualification in environmental science, environmental management or related discipline.
There is currently one fixed term vacancy available for a period of 36 months, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Paul Monaghan, Environmental Manager on (08) 9326 3927 for specific information about the role. During the period between 5 and 19 May 2023, please contact Chrissie Delfos, Principal Environment Officer on (08) 9326 5638 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing your suitability to the role, targeting the information in the “ Who are we looking for” section above in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.