The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
You will be working in the Division responsible for delivering the METRONET’s high value and high complex major transport projects. As one of the largest single investments in public transport the city has seen, METRONET will help positively change how people live and travel in Perth.
In this role you will be required to manage and technically direct the planning, design, development, implementation and review of electrical infrastructure systems within the development and construction of major Transport Infrastructure Projects for the Public Transport Authority.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with eligibility for Corporate Membership of the Institution of Engineers (Australia).
- Proven technical experience in relation to electrical infrastructure systems within the rail industry (ie Traction power, LV supplies, and Over Head Traction Wiring Equipment).
- Well developed project and contract management skills, including a proven ability to manage complex projects and contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills including people management, resource management, and achieving operational outcomes.
- Highly developed communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal), including the ability to negotiate with and influence a wide range of parties (eg stakeholders, interest groups, third parties).
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to self development.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr. Chris Wilson, Director Technical Services on (08) 9326 5645 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
For more information on METRONET, please visit www.metronet.wa.gov.au
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1,2,3 & 4 from the JDF, in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.