The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
As Senior Budget Accountant / Technical Advisor you will be responsible for providing strategic Capital Budgeting expertise for the Capital Budget improvement program, mainly for the implementation of the Capital Budgets data management and associated processes and reporting. You will also assist with the implementation and integration into the project central from a budget process view.
This is a fixed term appointment up to 1 June 2025, with possible extension and/or permanency.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business.
- Considerable budget management experience in a complex and/or medium-large environment.
- Considerable experience developing, reviewing and implementing accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Considerable knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and the Financial Management Act (FMA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting systems and data management.
- Highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to resolve problems, negotiate and consult with a range of stakeholders.
- An ability to work in a team and to contribute to the attainment of team goals and outputs.
- A proven ability to analyse and resolve problems and the ability to liaise and negotiate with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with complex technology-based systems (e.g. databases, information management systems, etc).
- An ability to interpret and apply legislation in policy/procedure development or review.
- Sound project delivery skills and experience, with a proven ability to meet milestones and deadlines.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool for 12 months from which permanent and fixed term appointments may be made.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Erik Loose, Manager Budget & Financial Planning (08) 9326 2379 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A comprehensive CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2, 3 & 4 from the JDF, in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.