Permanent full-time position at our Broome campus
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As a measure to achieve equality, sections 51, 66R and 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 apply to this position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people (24 years of age and under) and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply and to indicate within their application to which diversity group they belong.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for effective leadership of educational delivery and support of staff. This role includes building the capability and support of lecturers ensuring quality and relevance in delivery, and responsiveness of the College to changes and emerging opportunities via industry and community relationships and identifying business opportunities for the College. The position is responsible for the effective management of human, physical and financial resources and the achievement of key business outcomes and quality performance indicators.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Strong leadership skills and experience in leading the development of a positive team culture to support organisational values and achieve strategic and operational goals
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the operational management of vocational education and training programs, including the application of training quality principles to achieve business growth and strong outcomes
- High level management skills including staff supervision, budget management and client engagement
- The ability to operate in a collaborative manner with diverse stakeholders to achieve organisational outcomes and develop productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in driving change and process improvement including high level analytical and problem solving skills resulting in innovative outcomes
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional 2 (two) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy (subject to eligibility)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised Housing (subject eligibility & availability)
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2021 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Markus Beuke, Director Training Services on (08) 9192 9106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including 2 (two) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRG053.23S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Thursday 4 May 2023 at 4:00pm (WST).