The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Senior Project Engineer will play a pivotal role in providing engineering expertise, leadership and management through the lifecycle of low to medium risk public transport network projects in alignment with regulatory and PTA’s engineering system requirements.
In this position, you will assist in the coordination of scoping, development of concepts designs and evaluations of options for major improvements, primarily for the suburban rail system in Perth.
The successful candidate will have well developed interpersonal and communication skills including a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and liaise and negotiate required outcomes and resolve conflicts.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A degree in civil engineering that is acceptable for membership of Engineers Australia.
- Relevant technical expertise, including relevant project management, contract management, systems engineering and engineering assurance experience.
- Leadership and management ability, including the capacity to lead, mentor and coach others as well as manage resources effectively.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve complex problems.
There is currently one (1) full time permanent position available for immediate appointment. Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to appoint to similar positions that may arise in the Agency within the next twelve (12) months on a permanent or fixed-term basis with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally-diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Ted Nguyen, Permanent Way Design Manager on 0403 305 264 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two-work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1 and 2 from the relevant JDF, in no more than 2 pages
- Core Competencies
- Leadership and Management; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro-forma applications will be accepted.