New Career, new you?
Have you thought about making a difference in your community and helping those in need? Or maybe you’re seeking more of a stable/permanent opportunity to acquire that family home or buy your new set-of-wheels!?
Hang on, here’s a crazy thought. Stop and think for a minute: “Could I become a ‘Transit Officer”?
If you’re ready for a change, we’d love to hear from you. You don’t need to have any experience in law enforcement or security, and we employ people from all walks-of-life. We’ll train you up and pay you while you learn!!
Career Information Sessions
If you’re interested in learning more about the role, come along to one of our information sessions. Learn about the pros and cons of the Transit Officer role, from Transit Officers themselves.
Available session times:
- Thursday, 30 March 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Friday, 31 March 10:00am to 11:00am
- Saturday, 1 April 2:00pm to 3:00pm
If you’re interested in attending a session, see below to register.
Is this just another job?
No this is a Career. Many start out as a Trainee, then progress to a Transit Officer, to Senior Transit Officer, to Transit Supervisor and beyond. But the career options are endless within the PTA. You’ll find out more at our Career INFO sessions.
Want to know more about what it's like to be a Transit Officer? Take a look at this video to hear direct from some of our existing Transit Officers.
What do our Transit Officers have to say?
We recently sat down for a chat with our Transit Officers and asked the question: “What keeps you here as a Transit Officer?”. Here’s what they had to say:
- “I just like helping the community. It’s as simple as that”
- “There’s nothing better than working with a great bunch people, friends for life”
- “I didn’t realise when I joined how much I would learn about legislation & law application. I’ll be assisting our prosecution in court tomorrow”
- “The money’s pretty good too” (Transit Officers can earn approximately $70,000 to $100,000++ per annum)
- “It’s shift work, but it’s a great roster, you don’t work nights then mornings, I work consistent start and finish times with a decent break (6 days per fortnight)"
- “You can swap shifts with your workmates too, how good is that!”
- “It really suits my family life; I can be home during the day to help my partner with the little ones”
- “It’s a stable permanent role, I was able to buy my first home within my first year on the job”
- “5 weeks annual leave is great, I’m planning a big holiday next year”
- “I always like being of service, helping people, assisting people, it gives me a real sense of pride”
How to attend a session
Please note: You don't need to submit a formal application. Simply click on one of the links below, to attend the session date of your choice, enter your details and you'll receive a ticket to your session via an email.
Seats are limited.
I’m having trouble booking in an info session
Not a problem. Please phone our friendly Recruitment team on (08) 9326 2061 who will guide you on the steps on how to buy your free ticket.