Permanent full-time position based in South Hedland.
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As a measure to achieve equality, sections 51, 66R and 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 apply to this position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people (24 years of age and under) and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply and to indicate within their application to which diversity group they belong.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
This position is responsible for the supervision and general cleaning of the student accommodation. The role is located in South Hedland.
The position is responsible for the safety of the student accommodation including the issue of keys, gardening and general maintenance; as well as the undertaking of other duties to support the Facilities team, including undertaking cleaning and gardening across the campus.
In line with the JDF, this role has flexible working hours of 38 hours per week and is the primary point of contact for accommodation queries or issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the on call after hours contact person for maintenance and security related issues for the Somerset Apartments, Pundulmurra Campus and the South Hedland Annex.
- Undertakes duties associated with the provision of accommodation through the College’s student residences, including control of access, key control, welcoming guests, security, light maintenance, gardening and general security.
- Report faults and maintenance and other identified issues, if not able to repair, to the Facilities Coordinator or nominated contact.
- Manage disturbances that occur in the vicinity of the student accommodation and escalates to the police when required.
- Clean vacated rooms and arrange for laundry on the day of vacate.
- Routine cleaning duties are to be undertaken in a safe and responsible manner according to Occupational Safety and Health requirements and conduct risk assessments when required.
- Participates in the maintenance of a safe work environment.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively with a wide range of clients including students, staff and contractors.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to read and understand written instructions, prioritise and apply safety principles.
- Physically capable to undertake the duties of the position including manual handling, cleaning and gardening.
- Light maintenance skills including the ability to proactively identify maintenance or safety issues and follow established processes to address.
- Previous cleaning experience.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Housing provided on site. (1 x 1 unit at heavily reduced rate including utilities)
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional 2 (two) weeks Rostered Days Off
- Generous annual travel subsidy (subject to eligibility)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Government Services (Miscellaneous) General Agreement 2023 and Cleaners and Caretakers (Government) Award 1975;
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact John Cruickshank, Facilities Manager on (08) 9159 6778 or email John.Cruickshank@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including 2 (two) professional referees
- A brief covering letter not exceeding 2 (two) pages demonstrating your skills and experience against the requirements of the position as outlined in the attached JDF
Advertised Reference Number: NRM016.23S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Wednesday 15 March 2023 at 4:00pm (WST).