The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Communications team in the Network and Infrastructure Division is seeking to appoint an experienced Rail Systems Engineer to undertake projects and other activities relating to the replacement, development, modification and monitoring of communications and control systems infrastructure. This role will assist in ensuring safe, reliable, cost effective and high-quality assets, systems and services are delivered to meet business needs and comply with regulations and standards.
In this position, you will participate in design, installation management, commissioning and Entry into Service of new equipment, systems and technology, including testing of systems as Test Engineer or as Witnessing Engineer for Contractor’s testing and commissioning.
The successful candidate will have well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to, and experience in, applying engineering methods to solve problems and demonstrate good conceptual, analytical, research and evaluation skills.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or suitable tertiary qualification that would satisfy the admission requirement for professional membership to IEAust (Engineers Australia).
- Demonstrated recent experience in design, construction, commissioning and/or maintenance of communications or control systems infrastructure.
- Relevant experience in project and contract management.
- Well developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully interact and gain cooperation with team members and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well developed organisational skills, including the ability to achieve agreed targets and timelines through the use of effective self-management and teamwork.
There is currently one (1) full time permanent position available for immediate appointment. Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to appoint to similar positions that may arise in the Agency within the next twelve (12) months on a permanent or fixed-term basis with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally-diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Aminul Islam, Principal Communications Engineer on 9326 5417 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two-work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1 and 2 from the relevant JDF, in no more than 2 pages
- Core Competencies
- Communication and Interpersonal; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro-forma applications will be accepted.