The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
You will be working in the Division responsible for delivering the METRONETs high value and high complexity major transport projects. As one of the largest single investments in public transport the city has seen, METRONET will help positively change how people live and travel in Perth.
This is an exciting time to join the PTA and help shape the future of Perth’s public transport.
The Office of Major Transport Infrastructure Delivery (OMTID) have a pivotal and unique leadership opportunity arise as the Principal Project Director. This role is principally responsible to provide strategic project leadership and management to ensure the on time, on budget delivery of all elements infrastructure and systems to provide functional operating facilities for the Public Transport Authority (PTA).
The position is also responsible for developing and accessing procurement options as well as leading and managing the overall project with a focus on governance, stakeholder management, construction and delivery of the engineering elements of the project. In addition, the position also contributes to the overall Major Projects strategic planning and direction in order to meet stakeholder requirements and achieve organisational objectives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the management of complex infrastructure projects and possession of a tertiary qualification in Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or other related discipline relevant to infrastructure delivery.
- An ability to shapes and manage the development of agreed corporate priorities and clearly articulated strategic directions.
- Understanding of the PTA’s role with respect to the project and considers multiple perspectives when addressing the ramifications of key issues on the PTA and the community.
- Understanding and consideration of emerging trends, identifies long term opportunities and aligns organisational operations and strategic priorities.
- Experience with successfully leading and managing strategic design, planning and delivery of the infrastructure project including planning, design, estimating, construction and operation.
- Develops, fosters and builds relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures effective communication processes are in place to enable strategic communication with the Department and across its key stakeholders.
This selection process will initially be used to immediately fill the above permanent full-time position, however applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
What we can offer
- Access to a range of flexible working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing programs including an onsite gym
- Subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles
- An opportunity for key involvement with W.A Infrastructure projects which will make a difference in WA for many generations to come!
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr. Dave Thomas, Chief Operating Officer on (08) 9326 3531 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written statement in no more than four (4) pages demonstrating your suitability for the role, in the context of the selection criteria.
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.