Senior Land Acquisition Manager
Why Work With Us?
People and businesses rely on our transport infrastructure to get to work, home and around Western Australia.
As the WA State Government Agency responsible for safely managing the State’s road network, Main Roads Western Australia is committed to connecting people and places by delivering integrated and intelligent transport systems and services, providing safer roads and better journeys for our customers.
With a rich history dating back to 1926 and an exciting future ahead, Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s also about people. Our services are delivered through the dedicated efforts of our talented, passionate, and dynamic employees, who are located in regional and metropolitan offices throughout the State.
Whatever stage of your career, we are dedicated to helping you reach your potential, both professionally and personally, so that together we can achieve ours.
About the Role
Main Roads Western Australia is growing rapidly due to technological advancements and their impact on the transport landscape. This growth is creating new challenges and opportunities within the organisation.
An exciting position has become available within our Portfolio Land and Property Services Branch of our Finance and Commercial Services Directorate. As a Senior Land Acquisition Manager, you will manage the provision of specialist services relating to high risk, high value and complex compulsory and voluntary acquisition of land within project timeframes and budgets in accordance with the relevant State legislation for the Transport Portfolio. You will provide leadership for land projects and in the management of contractors and consultants.
A key focus of your role will be to lead in promoting professional working relationships with landowners and occupants and to monitor current and emerging industry and market trends and future work programs. You will research, develop and implement innovation and best practice strategies in response to these findings.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated comprehensive experience to deliver in the following areas:
- Land Acquisition, Management and Disposal: provide specialist advice to key stakeholders and management for high risk, high value and complex land acquisitions
- Leadership and Management: provide leadership and manage a vast range of resources including financial, technological and physical resources, in addition to managing employee behaviour, performance and development.
- Stakeholder Relationships: lead and promote professional working relationships with landowners and occupants, in addition to consulting, building and enhancing relationships with a number of key stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career by joining an innovative team. Our environment encourages people to improve business practices and actively contribute to the strategic direction of Main Roads.
What We Offer
At Main Roads, you can have a challenging, flexible, and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go with an organisation that supports a healthy work-life balance to help with what is important to you.
In addition to our competitive salary and 10.5% superannuation, some of the benefits to working with Main Roads include:
- Attractive leave provisions
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing focus
Find Out More
For questions about the role, please contact John Elphick on (08) 9323 4346.
For any general enquiries, contact John Mckelvie on (08) 9323 6173 or email email@example.com.
Please note, this position is currently based at the Durack Centre, but will relocate to the Road Network Operations Centre within the next 18months. Both offices are located in the Perth CBD.
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button. Allow plenty of time to submit your application as late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you experience technical issues when submitting your application, please contact RAMS Helpdesk on 1300 733 056 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Your Application
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your relevant skills and abilities.
- A Cover Letter detailing your comprehensive skills and experience in relation to the following three (3) selection criteria in no more than two (2) pages:
- Compulsory acquisition of property involving compensation in accordance with the relevant State legislation
- Negotiation and facilitation
- Building and enhancing stakeholder relationships
- Evidence of possession of your current Western Australian ‘C-A’ Class (car) motor vehicle drivers’ licence or an approved equivalent.
- If applicable to you, please attach the following:
- Your degree in Commerce (Property Valuation) or other relevant disciplines
- Certified Practising Valuer holding a current Land Valuers Licence or eligible to apply for a Land Valuers Licence
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improving diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact John Mckelvie on (08) 9323 6173 or email email@example.com.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
Applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire and obtain a National Police Clearance prior to appointment as part of this recruitment process.
Applicants deemed suitable for but not appointed to this role may also be considered for appointment to “similar vacancies” within Main Roads subject to business requirements.
To help us find the best candidate, we may undertake an executive search.