Please note that the closing date for this position has been extended until 5pm Friday 23 January 2023
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Network and Infrastructure - Electrical Branch is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to undertake the role of Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical Power.
As a Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical Power, you will be responsible for ensuring the operational performance of the power supply to Overhead Line equipment (OLE) and other electrical infrastructure, including non-traction High Voltage (HV) equipment, substations and track section cabins. You will also be required to monitor electrical operations comply with relevant regulations and Public Transport Authority standards, including drafting procedures and associated documentation.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- A current Western Australian Electrical Workers Licence “A” grade.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of High Voltage (HV) distribution maintenance and construction.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in engaging with and supervising teams/individuals within a high-risk environment, to deliver organisational requirements.
- Sufficient experience in assessing, reading and interpreting drawings of HV related electrical assets.
- Demonstrated experience in safely applying health and safety legislation including Australian Standards relevant to electrification systems.
- An ability to implement and evaluate training and development strategies, programs, policies and systems.
- A proven ability to work under emergency and high-pressure conditions to make timely and accurate decisions
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications and technology, including SCADA systems and Asset management Systems, such as Ellipse.
- Sufficient knowledge of, or experience in, 25kVac electrification of railway and railway functions and a good understanding of Rail Safety Legislation.
There is one permanent vacancy available for immediate filling.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Marco Mitic, Maintenance Superintendent – Electrical Power on (08) 9326 5852 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A comprehensive CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.