Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE759256
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
The Examination Logistics ECT Branch is seeking a highly motivated, organised and professional Senior Consultant - Examinations to join their team.
The Examinations, Certification and Testing (ECT) directorate is responsible for implementing the logistics for the delivery of Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) course examinations and implementing the logistics for delivery of Externally Set Tasks (EST). Examination Logistics ECT is responsible for developing and maintaining strategies to acknowledge student performance including the development of online exam structures.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing designated Year 12 ATAR course written, Interstate Language and EST examination timetables in accordance with School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) policy, practices and timelines. As well as contribute to the strategic planning and formulation of processes for the conduct, delivery and marking of these practical examinations, including assisting with the appointments and briefings of chief markers, markers and supervisors.
As the Senior Consultant – Examinations you will assist with Year 12 ATAR course and Interstate Language post-examination statistical processes carried out by the Information Systems Branch by coordinating the collation of statistics into a template for reporting purposes and providing advice and support to chief markers with statistical analysis. You will also assist by quality assuring reporting of statistics and commentary regarding candidate performance in an examination context and checking integrity of ATAR course examination marks.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge of assessment and curriculum in the context of the Western Australian Certificate of Education and Year 12 ATAR course examinations.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, assuring, analysing and reporting data in an educational context.
- Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills, with a proven ability to deliver outcomes on schedule in a demanding environment within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to generate appropriate procedures and strategies to address issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to consult and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Barclay Jones, Manager Examination Logistics ECT by telephoning (08) 9273 6309 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- possess a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent substantial experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 December 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.