Please note that the closing date for this position has been extended until Tuesday 22/11/2022.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
You will be working in the Division responsible for delivering the METRONET’s high value and high complex major transport projects. As one of the largest single investments in public transport the city has seen, METRONET will help positively change how people live and travel in Perth.
As a proven engineering leader and experienced manager, the Engineering Assurance Manager will be responsible for management and oversight of the systems engineering, assurance and certification process being performed by alliance project teams during design, construction, commissioning and handover of complex rail infrastructure. This includes Engineering Assurance, RAMS, Configuration Management, Requirements Management and Technical Interface Management. The incumbent will ensure the planning, design, testing and commissioning, Entry into Service and asset acceptance of PTA infrastructure performed by the alliance is compliant in meeting operational reliability.
In addition to being a senior member of the OMTID project delivery team, the Engineering Assurance Manager will also be a senior member of the Alliance Management Team and directly support the alliance achieving the project objectives.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- An appropriate Engineering Degree qualification that would satisfy admission to the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Substantial experience in Systems Engineering, Reliability and Requirement Management systems working with AS15288 and EN50125 or equivalent standards.
- Substantial experience of the verification and validation, testing and commissioning of systems (FAT, FIT, SAT, SIT, etc).
- Considerable ability and experience in project and contract management.
- Demonstrated strategic perspective in relation to rail infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills including people and project management, converting strategies into project delivery plans, and achieving project outcomes.
There is one fixed term appointment to 30 June 2025, with possible extension and/or permanency, available for an immediate start. All applicants must be in possession of a Western Australian ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ Class Drivers Licence or equivalent and must have the ability to work unsociable hours when required.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool for 12 months from which fixed term appointments with possibility of extension and/or permanency will be made for this or similar positions.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Tony Vagg, Senior Delivery Manager – BRE/LXR on (08) 9326 5977 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing all the Selection Criteria from the JDF in no more than 4 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.