Vacancy Reference No. 780702
This is a Recruitment Pool for one (1) fixed term full time position for 12-months with possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments may be made when similar vacancies occur. Appointments may be made from this pool until 29/12/2023.
Position Profile: The Information and System Performance Directorate (ISPD) in the Department of Health is seeking an experienced person for role of Request Coordinator within the Client Services team of the Data and Information Systems business unit. As Request Coordinator you will:
- Build and develop your knowledge about data and information management and capabilities, including the fast-growing field of linked data and data linkage services.
- Coordinate complex applications for the provision of data through the application pipeline to provide stakeholders timely access to valuable WA Health data.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders involved in the request pipeline including data engineers, data analysts, and data custodians.
- Contribute to development and implementation of procedures, policies and materials relating to the data provision process – including transitioning the provision processes to an online service.
- Play a key role in strategically building and developing the Client Services portfolio, with a focus on efficiently managing data request processes.
- Opportunity to work on exciting information innovation projects to build a modern, world class data linkage system in Western Australia.
WA Health supports flexible working practices within the context of a quality health service. WA Health is committed to a smoke free environment across all buildings, grounds and vehicles.
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 10.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. For further information click here.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
Selection Criteria: Please see the attached Job Description Form (available online at www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au).
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility to Apply: Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector.
Other Conditions: WA Health engages staff in positions of trust and responsibility. WA Health policies require applicants to undertake criminal records screening and integrity checking as part of the appointment process. Referees may also be asked to comment on an applicant’s integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to fill other "similar" vacancies throughout the Department of Health. This option remain valid for a period of twelve (12) months from when the authorised delegate endorses the recruitment decision.
Further Job-Related Information: For a confidential discussion, please contact Stephanie Murphy on 08 6373 1810 or at Stephanie.Murphy2@health.wa.gov.au.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employee Services on 13 44 77 for immediate assistance during business hours.
Application Instructions: Applicants are requested to apply online (www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au). Please note: Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online. This email address will be used for communication with applicants.
Applicants are advised to submit the following documents and information:
- Written statement demonstrating your knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the primary responsibilities of the position addressing only essential selection criteria items 1, 2 & 4 as outlined in the JDF in no more than 2 pages. Remaining criteria may be assessed later in the recruitment process.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining key achievements
- The name and contact details of two professional referees with one referee preferably being your current line manager
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED