The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking applications from candidates who have an exceptional ability in providing leadership, management and direction to the PTA’s Mandurah Railcar Depot and Operations Personnel. This position is within the Transperth Train Operations (TTO) division and reports directly to the Operations Manager TTO, the incumbent will provide expert advice and contribute to the efficient management and development of the passenger rail network and urban train services. The responsibilities include: overseeing and managing the effective and efficient operations of Driver and depot activities at the TTO Depot at Mandurah; managing the development, implementation, monitoring and review of policies, procedures and systems (including safety procedures) for Mandurah Depot as well as the rest of the PTAs urban network in liaison with the other TTO Managers, to ensure compliance with established standards.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Substantial knowledge and/or experience within a rail operations environment, including a good understanding of Work, Health and Safety legislation and principles, and current issues and trends impacting on the rail industry;
- Proven ability to interpret and apply Industrial Awards and Agreements;
- Highly developed management and leadership skills including the ability to empower individuals and teams and provide development and support that enables successful outcomes to be achieved;
- Well developed resource management skills including the ability to manage emergency situations.
There is one permanent, full-time position available for an immediate start. Applicants must be in possession of a current Western Australian ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ Drivers License or equivalent.
This selection process will be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Murray Rowe, Operations Manager TTO, on (08) 9326 3989 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing the following Selection Criteria from the JDF, in no more than 3 pages;
- Core Competencies
- Management and Leadership
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.