One (1) year fixed term contract with option for extensions and/or permanency
The Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia is a statutory body established by the Western Australian Government under the Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia Act 2013 to stimulate minerals research to support investment in, and operation of, a globally competitive minerals industry in Western Australia.
A rare and exciting opportunity is on offer by MRIWA for an influential role in delivering its communications activities, with the aim of promoting minerals research outcomes to benefit WA.
Reporting to the CEO, as a member of a small, highly integrated team with a strong focus on initiative and efficiency, the Communications and Projects Officer will broadly be required to support delivery of the Knowledge Transfer pillar in our strategic plan.
The key focus of this role will be leading the curation and delivery of our in-person and online program of events.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below, complete the online application form and submit the following documentation:
- A resume of no more than three (3) pages detailing your duties and achievements from previous and current roles and the contact details of two referees.
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages demonstrating how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Job Requirements and Capabilities:
- A relevant Bachelor degree and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: corporate communications, digital media, event coordination or equivalent.
- Excellent administration support skills using Microsoft office suite and proficiency in using design software programs, digital marketing tools, content management systems, and video and application management.
- Strong planning and organisational skills including ability to set goals and timeframes, manage competing priorities while taking responsibility for task completion across several concurrent projects.
Applications will be assessed by the panel for short listing purposes in relation to the job requirements and capabilities of the position outlined above.
Further in the selection process, the panel will assess your suitability for the position against a broader range of job requirements and capabilities. These are listed in the Job Description Form (JDF) and a link to the JDF is provided for your information. There are no selection criteria to address.
Please note that completion of a National Police Clearance and pre-employment Conflict of Interest declaration will also form part of the selection process.
This position is also subject to a three (3) month probationary period.
Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months following this initial appointment.
For a confidential discussion please contact Nicole Roocke, CEO (08) 6180 4343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 19 October 2022 (WST)