Level 3 PSCSAA $72,896 - $78,717 per annum
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only state-of-the-art Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre. Our portfolio of assets is currently valued at over $2 billion and continues to grow.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
The Asset Assistant provides administrative and project support primarily to the Portfolio Management directorate, and other directorates as required, through accurate recording, managing, and reporting on asset and equipment data, for strategic asset management and maintenance planning purposes. They work closely with facility coordinators to assist in the asset lifecycle decision making process, as well as supporting the administration and usage of the Building Management Control System (BMCS) and MEX systems, ensuring data is accurate and up to date.
About the Person
The successful person will have the following skills and experience;
- Previous experience in providing support including systems administration to an asset, building and/or maintenance services team.
- Supports shared purpose by understanding reasons for decisions and how they link to work; Identifies potential issues; Researches, analyses and makes evidence-based recommendations for improvements.
- Organises and reschedules work to reflect changes in priority; maintains accurate records and files; sees tasks through to successful completion.
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members, colleagues, and clients; shares information with and contributes to team discussions; treats people with courtesy and respect; responds to diverse experiences seeking input from others and supports a culture of quality customer service both internally and externally.
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness by adhering to the VenuesWest Way and Code of Conduct; provides accurate information; stays calm under pressure and takes responsibilities for completion of work.
- Communicates clearly both orally and in writing; listens to, understands, and adapts communication styles to the audience. wworks collaboratively with greater team.
To be suitable for this role you will also demonstrate values and behaviours aligned with our organisational culture – The VenuesWest Way.
For any further job related information please contact Chris Dark, Manager Facilities at email@example.com
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website; www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with several benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Free use of the creche for up to 3 hours per visit (up to 12 hours per week)
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
To apply for this position, you must submit a:
- Copy of your current resume, and
- Cover letter detailing your experience in the following
- Providing support including systems administration to an asset, building and/or maintenance services team.
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role on page 3.
Remember to check the closing date and time for the job you are applying for, as the onus is on the applicant to ensure it is lodged correctly with all attachments and is received on time!
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below.
A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8304
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance dated within 12 months from the date of application for the position
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
VenuesWest will utilise this recruitment process to place suitable applicants in a pool for a six month period from which fixed-term and permanent appointments may be made.
- application guide - permanent fixed term positions - 2018 05.pdf
- jdf - pm - facilities - asset assistant - 03303 - 2022 05.pdf
- workforce plan - policy - recruitment - fact sheet - equal opportunity act section 51 - 2019 07.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Full Time
2022-10-09 5:00 PM