Northam and Narrogin
Central and Northern Regions
Permanent - Full Time
Level 3 $74,820 - $86,199 pa MRWA EBA + 10% superannuation
P0070935 and P0070936
2022-09-27 1:00 PM
- applicant information.pdf
- jrs plant and depot officer wheatbelt.pdf
- working with us.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
Plant and Depot Officer
Why Work With Us?
People need to get to work, home and everywhere in between and businesses rely on our roads. With a rich history dating back to 1926 and exciting future ahead, Main Roads Western Australia is the WA State Government agency responsible for managing the State's road network safely, connecting people and places. Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s about people.
Why we need you
Our Wheatbelt Region has two opportunities for Plant and Depot Officers based at our Northam and Narrogin office. Your primary focus will be supporting the Plant Manager in maintaining and providing plant and depot requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need to use your strong skills and experience in developing and enhancing stakeholder relationships to effectively manage the allocation of plant and equipment to road maintenance activities and projects. You will also be required to provide support to the Plant and Depot Manager with the administration and management of the Depot Management Plan.
To be successful you will be
- Experienced in arranging plant and equipment maintenance and servicing
- Have experience with depot practices relating to vehicle and equipment movement
- Are a highly motivated individual who thrives on a challenge
- Are a strong communicator with an ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Have experience with data entry, analysis and maintenance
Should you wish to build your future and grow as a person and a professional, think about a career with Main Roads Western Australia. If you possess the skills and this position interests you we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
At Main Roads, you can have a challenging, flexible and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go with an organisation who supports a healthy work-life balance to help with what is important to you.
In addition to our competitive salary and 10.5% superannuation, the following regional initiatives/benefits may be available to new employees:
- Commuted Overtime Allowance of 9% based on additional 2.5 hours worked per week
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive leave entitlements
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing focus
All specific conditions will be confirmed at the time with the successful applicants.
The road ahead starts with a single step
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your relevant skills and abilities
- A copy of required licences and qualifications listed in the Job Role Statement
- A statement outlining your skill, knowledge and experience in the following three (3) criteria in no more than three (3) pages;
- Arranging plant and equipment maintenance and servicing
- Depot practices relating to vehicle and equipment movement
- Data entry, analysis and maintenance
- Also include in that cover letter your preferred location (Northam or Narrogin)
For questions about the role, please contact Simon Cook on (08) 9080 1424.
For any general enquires, contact John McKelvie on (08) 9323 6173 or email email@example.com.
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button. Allow plenty of time to submit your application as late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improve diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact John Mckelvie on (08) 9323 6173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
You will need to complete a pre-employment medical assessment and a National Police Clearance prior to being appointed to these positions.
Subject to business requirements and your suitability for this role, we may consider you for appointment to similar vacancies.
To help us find the best candidate we may undertake an executive search.