Business Services Officer
People need to get to work, home and everywhere in between and businesses rely on our roads. With a rich history dating back to 1926 and exciting future ahead, Main Roads Western Australia is the WA State Government agency responsible for managing the State's road network safely, connecting people and places. Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s about people.
Why we need you
The Business Management Branch is an important team that works with all branches within the Metropolitan Region area of Main Roads. The team are responsible for corporate reporting, fleet management, fixed assets, ministerial matters, business planning, risk management, customer service (internal and external), invoice processing, recruitment, organising events and presentations and a whole lot more!
We are seeking two Business Services Officers on a permanent basis to join the team. These crucial roles will be responsible for assisting the Business Manager in coordinating business services for the Region. The two roles will report to the Business Manager with one role directly supporting the Director Metropolitan Operations, and play a vital role in day to day operations.
The roles will see you undertake a variety of tasks related to business services coordination, including, but not limited to:
- Be first point of contact for internal stakeholders, responding to enquiries, problem solving or redirecting queries as required
- Provide daily support to the Director, including diary and inbox management (EA role)
- Maintaining and updating information for a variety of reporting
- Assisting in the onboarding and exiting processes of staff
- Prepare, monitor and oversee air travel, accommodation and other requirements for the Metropolitan Region
- Co-ordinate fixed assets across the region, as well as IT account access
- Co-ordinate the region’s growing vehicle fleet (new vehicle requests, servicing requirements, accessories etc)
- Arrange and co-ordinate business meetings including agendas, presentations, and minutes
To be successful you will have previous experience in a business support role and be able to demonstrate your well-developed organisational skills and your ability to meet work schedules and deadlines. You will have strong written communication skills, be able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and demonstrate previous application of administrative policies, procedures and systems in a business environment.
Should you wish to build your future and grow as a person and a professional, think about a career with Main Roads Western Australia. If you possess the skills and this position interests you we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
At Main Roads, you can have a challenging, flexible and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go with an organisation who supports a healthy work-life balance to help with what is important to you.
In addition to our competitive salary and 10.5% superannuation, the following initiatives/benefits may be available:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive leave provisions
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing focus
Submitting Your Application
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating relevant skills and abilities within the context of the Job Role Statement.
- A statement outlining your substantial skill, knowledge and experience in the following three (3) criteria in no more than two (2) pages:
- Business and administrative processes and practices, including procurement
- Written communication including preparation of reports and all other forms of correspondence
- Work organisation with the ability to meet work schedules and deadlines
- If applicable, evidence of the Certificate in Business or other qualifications as outlined in the Job Role Statement – originals must be supplied prior to appointment.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Renae Miller, Business Manager on (08) 9323 4972.
For any general enquires, contact Thao Le Ho on (08) 9323 4147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button. Allow plenty of time to complete and submit your online application as late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improve diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact Thao Le Ho on (08) 9323 4147 or email email@example.com.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire and a National Police Clearance prior to being appointed to these positions.
Subject to business requirements and your suitability for these roles, we may consider you for appointment to similar vacancies.
Please be advised that an Executive Search may be undertaken as part of this recruitment process.