Urban Road Planning Manager
Why Work With Us?
People and businesses rely on our roads to get to work, home and around Western Australia.
As the WA State Government Agency responsible for safely managing the State’s Road Network, Main Roads Western Australia is committed to connecting people and places by delivering integrated and intelligent transport systems and services, providing safer roads and better journeys for our customers.
With a rich history dating back to 1926 and an exciting future ahead, Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s also about people. Our services are delivered through the dedicated efforts of our talented, passionate, and dynamic employees, who are located in regional and metropolitan offices throughout the State.
Whatever stage of your career, we are dedicated to helping you reach your potential, both professionally and personally, so that together we can achieve ours.
About the Role
Main Roads Western Australia is growing rapidly due to technological advancements and their impact on the transport landscape. This growth is creating new challenges and opportunities within the organisation.
An exciting position of Urban Road Planning Manager has become available within our Road Planning Branch - Planning and Technical Services Directorate.
The Road Planning Branch facilitates and leads the delivery of road planning functions across Western Australia’s state road network and is seeking an individual to research, identify, plan and enhance long-term road transport network solutions across the Perth metropolitan area.
Some of your key deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- manage the delivery of road planning studies from inception to completion.
- manage and coordinate the preparation of route concepts and land protection plans.
- develop strategies for future expansion of the road network in the metro region.
- lead and become actively involved in network and traffic modelling.
- prepare planning design concepts and detailed route alignment selection and definition studies, often within challenging and constrained environments.
- Provide expert advice on road planning matters to other areas of Main Roads.
- build and sustain positive stakeholder relationships to ensure the successful delivery of road planning outcomes and community consultation processes.
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced individual with holistic attributes across road transport planning and design, including modelling analysis, traffic and infrastructure engineering, stakeholder engagement and relationship management, an understanding of statutory land use planning and environmental processes to plan and protect the integrity, efficiency and safety of the state’s road network. You will also have knowledge of contract and project management such as budgeting, forecasting and resource scheduling to achieve results efficiently and effectively.
Should you wish to build your future and grow as a person and a professional, think about a career with Main Roads Western Australia. If you possess the skills and this position interests you, we encourage you to apply.
Find Out More
For job-specific information or a confidential discussion of this opportunity, please contact Markus Botte (08) 9323-5413 - not to be contacted for assistance with the application.
For assistance with your application or general enquiries, please contact Tassia Sears on (08) 9323 6343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Your Application
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating their relevant skills and abilities within the context of the Job Role Statement.
- A statement outlining their comprehensive skill, knowledge and experience in the following four (4) criteria in no more than four (4) pages:
- Road planning and design
- Traffic engineering and transport planning
- Building and enhancing stakeholder relationships
- Managing employee behaviour, performance and development.
If applicable to you, a copy of your degree in Engineering, Planning or other relevant disciplines
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button.
You will be asked to complete several questions as part of your online application, so please factor this time in when submitting an application. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a gender and culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improving diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all genders, from culturally diverse backgrounds, as well as people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact Tassia Sears on (08) 9323-6343 or email email@example.com.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
Applicants are required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire prior to appointment as part of this recruitment process.
Applicants deemed as suitable for but not appointed to this role may also be considered for appointment to “similar vacancies” within Main Roads subject to business requirements.
To help us find the best candidate we may undertake an executive search.