The Commissioner for Children and Young People is seeking a dynamic individual to support communication activities and the projects and activities of the office, particularly in relation to online digital communication, the coordination of publications and event management. The position also assists in the development of media opportunities and engagement for the office.
This position is part of a small team that coordinates stakeholder engagement and communication to ensure the activities of the Commissioner are widely received and understood across government and non-government organisations, industry and the community, including children and young people.
Substantive Equality Statement
Commitment to the safety of children and young people:
Children and young people are entitled to live in a caring and nurturing environment and to be protected from harm and exploitation. Children and young people should be safe, feel safe and be respected wherever they are. The Commissioner for Children and Young People prioritises the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in all work of the office and in our work with other organisations.
We have an ongoing cycle of assessment, action and reflection in place and regularly review, update and refine policies and practices to assess their effectiveness and strive for excellence. We involve children and young people and their families in developing and reviewing our work.
Commitment to diversity:
The Office of the Commissioner for Children and Young People recognises, values and embraces the diversity of our Western Australian community, including our differences in culture, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexuality, gender identity, age, abilities and life experiences. The organisation is committed to providing an inclusive and respectful workplace for all staff, and encourages applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply for the role.
1. Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to write for websites and develop accurate, concise information for a range of audiences.
2. Sound experience in the development and implementation of integrated communication strategies.
3. Sound experience in the development of publications.
4. Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strategic working relationships.
5. Demonstrated experience in the development and production of social media content.
1. Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
2. Experience with technology and accessibility standards relating to the management of websites (such as content management systems).
For Further Job Related Information
For enquiries specifically related to the position please call Natalie Hall, Director Policy, Monitoring and Research on 6213 2221. For general enquiries about your application please call Lexi Diamond, Manager Corporate Services on 6213 2218.
Please see the attached Information Package.