Work casually in support roles in our schools and colleges
Our schools need casual support staff and allied professionals for short term and relief roles.
The way our schools find relief staff is changing. Rather than handing your CV to each school you want to work in, you can now submit one online profile that all schools can see, in Casual Staff Seeker - the Department’s online tool for matching relief staff with schools.
Benefits of joining Casual Staff Seeker:
- It’s easy to use
- You can make yourself available to work in many schools, all in one place
- You can apply for lots of different positions at the same time – such as an education assistant, a residential supervisor, a farm hand, school officer, cleaner or a library officer.
- You can update your availability and contact details easily, in one place – rather than having to contact each school
- Casual Staff Seeker sends you a text message whenever a school wants to book you.
Joining Casual Staff Seeker is easy.
- Submit an application to this job advertisement. Please see below for what you need to include.
Our team will process your application and send you information on how to upload your profile on Casual Staff Seeker. If you have never worked for us before, we will also tell you how to set up an online services account.
- Complete your profile on Casual Staff Seeker. Here, you can tell us which days you can work, the job roles you are interested in, and the schools in which you want to work.
Find out more about the roles you can do here.
You can find out more about our schools through Schools Online. Here, you can see which schools are close to your home, or offer the kinds of roles you are looking for.
Things you need to do before submitting your application
To work in a school, you need to have applied for these before you submit your application:
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check by visiting: education.wa.edu.au/ncchc if you have not worked with us in the last 6 months.
- Working With Children Check workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au. You must attach a copy of your card, or your receipt to prove that you have applied, to your application.
You must have these before you can commence work.
See our application help guide for detailed information.
If you have a CV/Resume or any qualifications/certificates, have copies of these ready to attach to your application.
What to include in your application
When you select ‘Apply for Job’ at either the top or bottom of this advertisement, you will be taken to an online application form. You must complete all questions, and attach the following documents.
- Birth certificate or a current and valid passport
- If you supply documents under different names, you’ll need to supply evidence of your name change. Please note we do not accept driver’s licences.
Eligibility to work in Australia if your ID documents are not issued in Australia or New Zealand, evidence can be:
We will contact you if we need more information.
If you are not currently working with us, you must also attach a valid Working with Children (WWC) check card or proof of an application in progress:
- Proof of an application in progress may be an application or renewal receipt
- Further information regarding WWC check may be found at workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au
Creating your Casual Staff Seeker profile
Once your application has been accepted, we will contact you with instructions on how to access the Department’s Casual Staff Seeker where you can create your profile. Schools can then contact you about casual opportunities via text message.
Applying to this pool can widen your opportunities for casual work but does not guarantee that you will receive requests to work. You may also receive requests from schools in your local area.
Some schools may engage casual staff using other methods.
If you are experiencing any trouble completing your online application, please contact the Casual Workforce Team on (08) 9264 5083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be completed online. Emailed and hardcopy applications are not accepted.