Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS769709
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Shenton College are seeking a dedicated and responsible Finance Officer to join their friendly school.
The Finance Officer assists the Manager Corporate Services in the daily financial aspects of the school. The successful applicant will coordinate financial tasks including processing of EFT and BPAY payment batches, invoicing, cash management, managing assets, assisting with budgeting, and performing all aspects of end of month bank reconciliation, including budget modifications. The successful applicant will ideally possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure and have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy.
In this role you will ideally use your accounting skills and experience, including your knowledge of GST and accounting principles for invoice preparation, payment batching and cost centre coding, whilst working in accordance with the Department of Education financial policies and audit guidelines.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of Middle School (Years 7 & 8), Lower Senior School (Years 9 & 10) and Upper Senior School (Years 11 & 12). The College currently has approximately 2800 students and 300 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the 'whole child' and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors in an increasingly independent world. Our success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff.
Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence and success. With a 'can do' capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Financial management skills with the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to work with minimum supervision, identify priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed computer skills including the ability to create, operate, extract reports and manipulate databases, spreadsheets and systems.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply innovative thinking in problem solving
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Susan McIntosh, Assistant Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0416 776 740 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.