Please note that the closing date for this position has been extended until 5pm Wednesday 7 Septmeber 2022.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
An excellent opportunity has opened in the position of Manager Third Parties. We are seeking an experienced Manager to lead the Third Party team in coordinating resources to manage the interface with third parties for the maintenance, design, construction, upgrades and modifications on PTA assets in and around the PTA Network. This position reports directly to the Civil Engineering Manager within the Network & Infrastructure Division (N&I), and contributes to the overall performance, reliability and compliance of the PTA Network.
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Substantial experience in providing advice on PTA processes related to working in, and around, the PTA network and knowledge in the planning, design, commissioning and delivery of maintenance and/or construction works in a complex, transport related operational asset intensive environment similar to rail.
- Substantial experience and knowledge in stakeholder management for complex maintenance and works programs.
- Substantial experience in applying Safety management Systems, Rail Safety Acts, Regulations, Legislation and Standards.
- Substantial experience in managing the performance of an operational team and financial/physical resources in the achievement of agreed outcomes and providing a customer focused service.
There is one permanent full-time position available for an immediate start.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Vijaya Moorthy, Civil Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 3281 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing all of the Selection Criteria from the JDF, in no more than 2 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.