The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Transperth Train Operations Division at the PTA is seeking to appoint experienced Project Engineers with strong analytical and problem solving skills, stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to manage the demands of a fast-paced project environment to deliver business outcomes.
The Project Engineer, Level 5 provides technical support and assistance with respect to the acquisition, design, manufacturing, commissioning and maintenance of the PTA’s rollingstock. The role will assist in the development of the PTA’s new rollingstock assets to ensure safety, quality and reliability targets are met.
The successful applicant will also assist in the management of contracts including the development of documents and specifications, evaluation of tenders and contract administration. Your ability to effectively manage and direct consultants and contractors using well-developed organisational skills and manage multiple tasks in a high intensity environment is crucial to your success in this role.
The Project Engineer, Level 6 provides specialist engineering support with respect to the acquisition, design, manufacturing, commissioning and maintenance of the PTA’s rollingstock and uses engineering expertise to assist with the management of outsourced PTA Rollingstock consultancy services contracts.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated understanding and experience in contract and project management and sound leadership skills including the ability to provide clear advice, direction and appropriate feedback to multi-disciplinary project teams.
To be considered for these positions, you will have:
- Relevant experience in applying engineering assurance through the lifecycle of projects.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of engineering standards, preferably related to rollingstock, large vehicles or heavy mobile plant equipment.
- Relevant Engineering Qualifications (preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering) with eligibility for Professional Membership or recognition by the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve complex problems.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills including the ability to negotiate persuasively and influence a wide range of parties (including stakeholders, and interest groups).
This is a pool recruitment process where suitable applicants will be placed in a pool for 12 months from which permanent or fixed term appointments with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency will be made. Currently there are two (2) full time fixed term position available until 30 June 2024 with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Stephanus Oosthuizen, Project Engineer – METRONET on (08) 9326 2999 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2 and 4 from the relevant JDF, in no more than 2 pages
- Core Competencies
- Leadership and Management; and
- Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving.
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Please clearly indicate which position(s) you are applying for in your application.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.