Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA759278
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023.
A briefing for prospective applicants for current leadership vacancies at Shenton College will be held on Thursday 21st Jul 2022. Bookings and further information is available here.
Shenton College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated leader for the Technologies Department. The College is one of Australia's leading co-educational schools and consists of a Middle School (Years 7 and 8), Lower Senior School (Years 9 and 10) and Upper Senior School (11 and 12). We strive for excellence in everything we do, and as a large and vibrant educational community, we enthusiastically support the comprehensive provision of Technologies curriculum.
The successful applicant should have a comprehensive knowledge of the full range of Technologies courses including General, Certificate and ATAR. The successful applicant should have a strong track record for building student participation and ensuring broad community engagement and support, particularly through communicating participation and success.
Strong Technologies provision requires committed staff working collaboratively together and the successful applicant should have a strong track record in this area, as well as an understanding of department policy relating to occupational health & safety.
The College has outstanding resources which include state-of-the-art learning facilities, including two industrial kitchens, the TechSpace and several dedicated IT labs supported by a strong team of technicians. With over 2700 students the College enjoys tremendous support from our local community. We have a proud culture of excellence and high achievement across the Technologies learning area. The Technologies staff are a wonderfully dedicated team.
Our staff are committed to personal and professional growth and embrace opportunities to create environments conducive to learning that are fun, purposeful, and relevant, and cater for differing student learning needs. We focus on delivering an educational experience that's about much more than marks - we are committed to help each and every student develop their dreams and achieve their goals. We strive to ignite curiosity and foster a lifelong love of learning.
Located in Perth's western suburbs, the College has a well-earned reputation for excellence: whether it is the entrenched professional culture that embraces innovation and growth to the consistent success of our students at local, national, and international levels. The College’s nationally awarded selective GATE selective academic program has broad community recognition and consistently attracts the highest calibre students from across the state. The Shenton College campus has outstanding facilities supported by an experienced and highly regarded administrative team – you will feel supported at every level of your professional life.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Watch a short overview of Shenton College;
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting shenton.wa.edu.au and Shenton Tour or Schools Online
Visit a virtual tour of Shenton College here - Shenton Tour.
Watch a short overview of Shenton College;
For further job related information:
Please contact Chris Hill, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9488 2100 or emailing Chris.Hill@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Christopher Hill on 0421 024 258.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED