24 month fixed-term with possible further term and/or permanent appointment.
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
This position will work in collaboration with the Training Manager to provide day to day assistance in the supervision of the training team, monitor work performance and foster teamwork to ensure deadlines are met and a high level of customer service is provided to both internal and external customers.
This role includes building the capability and support of lecturers ensuring quality and relevance in delivery, and responsiveness of the College to changes and emerging opportunities.
The position is responsible to assist with the effective management of human, physical and financial resources and the achievement of key business outcomes and quality performance indicators.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the Training Manager with the leadership, management and performance and development of lecturing staff to ensure that the delivery of training programs reflects best practice and maximises student achievement
- Assisting with the management of the human, financial and physical resources for program delivery within the areas of the Training Managers responsibility
- Development and implementation of operational plans that are aligned to the goals articulated in both the Business Plan and the College’s Strategic Plan (including preparation of Resource Agreements, DPA, Section 40s and other submissions)
- To ensure compliance with college and government policies including RTO Standards, equal opportunity, occupational health and safety and welfare and other legislative requirements
- Performs other duties as required within the employee’s skills and abilities
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional 2 (two) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy (subject to eligibility)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised Housing (subject eligibility & availability)
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2021 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Chantal Adams, Director Training Services Kimberley on 08 9168 0812 or email Chantal.Adams@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form (in no more than two pages).
Advertised Reference Number: NRG063.22S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Monday 4 July 2022 at 4:00pm (WST).