Fixed Term Appointment for up to 48 months with possible further term and/or permanency
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
This position is responsible for consulting with internal and external clients to identify and provide support for the implementation of programs and services to meet the needs of North Regional TAFE youth client group (including school based) aged 15 – 19 years old.
The role liaises with training areas to plan, develop and provide on-going administration and coordination of all delivery for Schools. This position also provides a range of advisory and information services to clients and assists to promote College programs and services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides coordination in the planning and development of a range of training programs and services that address the needs of the youth client group (generally 15 – 19 year old client group).
- Ensures consultation with key internal and external stakeholders in undertaken to identify training and support needs of the youth client group.
- Liaises with support teams and works with Training teams to plan, develop and provide administration and coordination of the full range of VET Delivery to Secondary Student (VDSS) Programs including TAFE Profile, Auspicing, School Based Trainees and Aboriginal Student Based Trainee programs.
- Monitors VDSS in Schools delivery and alerts Training Managers to potential problems in the under or overachievement of VDSS in Schools delivery targets.
- Provides advice to College staff and support areas regarding potential support services and strategies and assists to identify ways to implement such strategies.
- Identifies and, where appropriate, applies for external funding to support College initiatives and strategies for the youth client group.
- Provide support and information to Lecturing staff, Client and student Service staff in relation to compliance for the Duty of Care Policy for under 18’s.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional 2 (two) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy (subject to eligibility)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2021 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Ngaire Whyte, Manager Training Services Support on 08 9158 5624 or email Ngaire.Whyte@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
How to Apply
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form (in no more than two pages).
Advertised Reference Number: NRG061.22S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Monday 4 July 2022 at 4:00pm (WST).