Please be advised that as of Wednesday, 15 June 2022, the closing date has been amended
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS747146
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2022
East Kimberley College (EKC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Public Relations Officer to join their friendly team.
The Public Relations Officer provides support in developing and managing the school’s marketing and business plan whilst assisting with the production of the school’s printed and online publications, school prospectus and promotional material consistent with the Departmental standards. The successful applicant will gather and publish news, photographs and videos in accordance with the school's marketing plan whilst promoting school events and activities through newsletters, website and social media platforms.
The successful applicant will assist in school management in ensuring internal and external school communication activities are coordinated effectively whilst assisting the Manager Corporate Services to monitor the school’s annual marketing budget and providing clerical support as business needs arise. You will maintain and update the school’s website ensuring published content is current whilst maintaining knowledge of current trends related to web design and technologies and developing effective relationships with the school community.
EKC has approximately 850 students and offers all that one would expect in a large metropolitan school, while maintaining the unique, friendly atmosphere typical of a rural school community. Our College strives to ensure all students, regardless of ability level, cultural, and social background, are provided with the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The College is located on a large, well-maintained, and attractive site in the centre of Kununurra. The school draws from a diverse town population representing Aboriginal communities, agricultural, horticultural, mining, and related service industries. An extensive range of State and Commonwealth agencies are represented in Kununurra and they work closely with the school to ensure the best support is available for our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written communications skills, including the ability to gather and edit material for printed and online publications.
- Well-developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment to meet conflicting timeframes.
- Ability to maintain multimedia platforms.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kimberley College can be found by visiting www.eastkimberleycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Oliver, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kununurra, by telephoning (08) 9168 4403 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 June 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.