The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
This is an excellent time to join the PTA and help shape the future of Perth’s public transport.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in the position of Infrastructure Control Manager. As a senior member of the leadership team, this position reports to the Asset Management and Infrastructure Operations Manager and sits within the Network and Infrastructure Division. The incumbent will lead a team of Infrastructure Controllers working 24/7 within the Infrastructure Control area, contribute to both the Division and branch operational performance; the effective monitoring and operation of safety-critical systems; and effective management of incidents with minimal impact on PTA operational performance.
To ensure success in this position, you will possess:
- Substantial experience working within a complex high-risk SCADA and asset intensive environment, preferably a 24/7 operation.
- Substantial demonstrated experience in:
- Using improvement methodologies.
- Managing change in complex organisation
- Leading and managing people to optimise performance.
- Substantial experience in the preparation and management of policies, procedures and strategies at a senior level in a complex high-risk SCADA and asset intensive environment.
The role will require a professional with highly developed people management and leadership skills who will empower teams and individuals to ensure successful outcomes are achieved. In addition, the role will require the individual with a proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
There is one permanent, full-time position available for an immediate start. This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
What we can offer
- Access to a range of flexible working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing programs including an onsite gym
- Subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles
- An opportunity for key involvement with W.A infrastructure projects which will make a difference in WA for many generations to come!
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr. Nigel Gravett, Asset Management and Infrastructure Operations Manager on (08)9326 3770 for specific information about the role.
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants will be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1 to 5 from the JDF, in no more than 2 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.