Please note the closing date for this vacancy has been extended until Thursday 28 April 2022.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
You will be working in the Division responsible for delivering the METRONETs high value and high complexity major transport projects. As one of the largest single investments in public transport the city has seen, METRONET will help positively change how people live and travel in Perth.
This is an exciting time to join the PTA and help shape the future of Perth’s public transport.
The Delivery Manager will be responsible for ensuring that high risk, complex and high value major infrastructure projects are delivered meeting Project objectives, organisational and stakeholder requirements. The position enhances project delivery through engineering design and the development of effective working relationships with stakeholders, industry, other public sector agencies and members of the community.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated extensive experience in the delivery of transport infrastructure, including:
- Relevant project and/or contract management experience.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience in stakeholder management for transport infrastructure and complex high value projects.
- A thorough knowledge of the practice of project and contract management, including the capacity to understand financial, legal and probity issues.
- Contemporary knowledge of trends and developments in the management of major infrastructure projects.
The successful applicant will also possess highly developed leadership and management skills along with highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
This selection process will initially be used to immediately fill the above full-time vacancy until 30 June 2024, however applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
What we can offer
- Access to a range of flexible working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing programs including an onsite gym
- Subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles
- An opportunity for key involvement with W.A Infrastructure projects which will make a difference in WA for many generations to come!
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr. Lambro Baros, Principal Project Director on (08)9326 5863 for specific information about the role.
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants may be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written statement in no more than three (3) pages demonstrating your suitability for the role, in the context of the selection criteria.
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.