The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
As part of the Network and Security Operations team, the Security and Network Control Team Leader will lead a team of four IT specialists to achieve a secure and reliable integrated network across all operational and corporate technology.
Importantly, the Security and Network Control Team Leader manages the design, implementation and operation of the security and network control systems that support the day-to-day running of the Public Transport Authority. The role will manage the use of appropriate systems and controls to prevent the cyber threat against the organization.
Additionally, the role supports the Security and Network Control Manager in determining the technical requirements necessary to comply with legislation, standards and other external regulations.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a committed person with strong network administration experience. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate extensive technical competence in a complex network environment.
To be successful for this role, as a minimum you will need:
- A relevant tertiary / professional qualification in Computer Science or Cyber Security with extensive experience managing a complex network.
- Previous high level experience of managing network and security teams in a complex Operational / information technology environment.
- Substantial experience leading and managing teams delivering planning, design, commissioning and maintenance works without disrupting business operations.
The Security and Network Control Team Leader will provide specialist advice to a range of stakeholders with regard to technical matters and develop strategic relationships with internal customers to facilitate a customer focused, collaborative and partnership to the delivery of services. As such, we’re looking for someone with excellent, written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strategic relations and deal with high level consultations and negotiations.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, then we want to hear from you.
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants will be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact David Taylor, Security and Network Control Manager on (08) 9326 5841 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A comprehensive and targeted CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2 and 3 from the JDF in no more than two pages;
- A copy of your relevant tertiary / professional qualification in Computer Science or Cyber Security of your relevant tertiary/professional qualification; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.