The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The PTA is seeking a pool of Engineering Officers for the Network & Infrastructure Division Track branch in the Track Maintenance and Track Projects & Design teams.
In this role you will be responsible for providing assistance in the engineering assurance, asset management, operation and maintenance of Track Infrastructure in either the Maintenance or Projects and Design team. This will include the following:
- Providing engineering technical support for track infrastructure compliance and design review against standards and assisting in the preparation of requirements, procedures, codes of practice and technical documentation.
- Providing technical support through collecting and analysing asset, condition and performance data and key performance indicators, assisting with track inspection, asset management, asset records and technical research and investigations.
- Assisting with the coordination and planning of projects, establishment, administration and supervision of contracts and monitoring progress of maintenance and project works against schedule.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A Diploma in engineering and partial completion of an Advanced Diploma.
- Experience in Track or Civil related discipline in Asset Management, Design, Survey, Construction or Maintenance.
- Ability to interpret data analysis
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal skills) including the ability to develop a rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a pool recruitment process where suitable applicants will be placed in a pool for 12 months from which full-time, part-time, permanent or fixed term appointments with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency will be made. Currently there are two (2) full time fixed term positions available for up to two years with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency.
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants will be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mary Durkan, Principal Track Engineer - Design & Projects on 9326 2568 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1 and 2 from the JDF, in no more than 2 pages;
- Core Competencies
- Communication and Interpersonal; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.