Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has been extended until 5.00pm Friday 14 January 2022.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Efficient public transport is vital for the continued growth of the Western Australian economy and with investment in expansion of the urban rail network continuing via programs such as METRONET, the PTA needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
This role leads the engineering team within the Branch ensuring the Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) assets and infrastructure are safe and fit for purpose; developing and contributing to asset management plans, design, maintenance regimes and projects; managing and conducting testing and commissioning activities and all other associated activities in accordance with PTA and regulatory requirements.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Possession of a professional engineering qualifications that would satisfy the admission requirement for Professional membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Extensive experience within the rail industry in the track discipline.
- Substantial experience in providing engineering expertise and knowledge in the planning, design, commissioning and delivery of maintenance and/or construction works in an operational asset intensive environment.
- Substantial experience in applying safety management systems and knowledge of the Rail Safety Legislation.
- Substantial experience in applying asset management frameworks and leading the development of asset management strategy.
- Substantial experience in managing the performance of an operational team and financial/physical resources in the achievement of agreed outcomes and providing a customer focused service.
There is one full time position available for an immediate start. You must be prepared to work unsociable hours, sometimes at short notice and you must be in possession of a Western Australian ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ Class Drivers Licence or equivalent.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
For further information on this position, please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF). You can also gain more detailed information on the role and responsibilities by contacting Mr Derrick Ruane, Track Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 2143.
Please visit our website at www.pta.wa.gov.au for more information on the PTA.
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants may be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A comprehensive resume and covering letter.
- A completed attached integrity and qualification consent form as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.