Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE718070
The Curriculum Assessment and Strategic Policy Directorate within the School Curriculum and Standards Division is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2022 and up to 31 December 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2022 and up to 31 December 2023.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Suitable applicants would be responsible for assisting in Finance, Procurement and Human Resources responsibilities, including providing assistance with the accounts, the collating of figures for financial planning and budgeting and the processing of Financial Reporting including reconciling credit card expenditure, checking certification reports and invoices and monitoring expenditure.
The School Curriculum and Standards Division provides administrative and secretariat services for, and implements the decisions of the School Curriculum and Standards. The Division provides quality curriculum, assessment and standards to enable all Western Australian students to become confident, creative learners and active, informed citizens who contribute positively to society
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
Ideally, you will possess well-developed MS Word and Excel Spreadsheet processing skills and proficiency with other components of Microsoft Office. Sound written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and provide customer-focussed services will also be highly desirable. Finally, the ability to work independently or in a team environment to meet planned outcomes in a timely manner will be required.
Who we are
Visit our www.scsa.wa.edu.au to view additional information on the work of the Division.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Well-developed word processing skills and proficiency with other components of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Sound written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and provide customer-focussed services.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound ability to work independently or in a team environment to meet planned outcomes in a timely manner.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Mandy Hudson Manager – Curriculum and Assessment by telephoning (08) 9273 6755 or emailing Mandy.Hudson@scsa.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 29 November 2021.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED