The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Rail Access Coordinator assists the Engineers in the Third Party team with requesting and arranging access to the Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) operating railway, liaising closely with Network & Infrastructure’s Rail Access Team in the coordination and submission of track access applications to allow projects work delivery.
- Consults and engages with internal and external stakeholders to obtain a clear program of current and future works that require rail access to facilitate effective planning of rail access applications to be submitted.
- Coordinates and submits applications for access for project works to access the rail corridor to ensure that internal staff, external contractors and third party work groups are scheduled without conflict and that all parties comply with the PTA’s procedures/rules.
- Provides accurate requirements and information to the Division’s Rail Access planning team on behalf of the branch and third parties to ensure rail access is sought and obtained.
There is currently one (1) permanent position available for immediate filling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
You will have an understanding of safeworking rules and procedures as they apply to an urban rail network or an ability to quickly obtain and understand the safeworking rules. You will have a methodical approach to your work with a meticulous attention to detail demonstrated by your experience in planning and scheduling.
With your well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships and effective negotiate.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Igor Colic, Senior Engineer on 9326 3335 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 3 & 4 from the JDF, in no more than 2 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.