The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Security and Network Control Team is a newly created team within the Network & Infrastructure Division. It is resourced with highly skilled technical engineering and analytical IT professionals with responsibility for ensuring security for critical operating technology systems.
We are looking to fill the role of Network Architect.
This role is responsible for the design and implementation of PTA networks including technical expertise in networks and telecommunications. The occupant of this role will develop and maintain the network architecture to optimise network performance and manage network activation equipment. They will undertake a key role in monitoring / researching emerging technologies and integrating these into the network life cycle.
To be suitable to progress to the interview stage for the Network Architect, you must have the following:
- Relevant tertiary / professional qualification in Computer Science and / or Networking (i.e. CCNP/CCNA) with extensive experience of design and managing a complex network environment like enterprise business and operational networks, extranets, super cores, DMZ and the internet of things;
- Recent experience in network architecture design, commissioning and maintenance, with particularly experience in Cisco Umbrella, DNA, AMP, SDWAN, ACI, Cisco Catalyst and Industrial Ethernet infrastructure and Checkpoint firewalls;
- Proven experience in providing engineering support in the planning, design and delivery of maintaining Network Infrastructure in an asset intensive environment without disrupting business operations.
The panel will determine suitability based on your response to the application questions / shortlisting and/or interview.
We have a permanent full-time role for immediate filling. Although this selection process will initially be used to fill the vacancies. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact David Taylor, Manager Security and Network Controls on (08) 9326 5841 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A cover letter and a comprehensive current CV with two work related referees;
- A copy of your relevant qualifications that meet the requirements of the role(s); and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.