The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to fill the role of Maintenance Superintendent – Track within our Network and Infrastructure division. The responsibilities comprise of leadership and management of the Track Maintenance team activities which includes maintenance, construction, upgrades and modifications of the branch assets; and contributing to the overall performance, reliability and compliance of the PTA network. The incumbent will provide specialist technical leadership and deliver maintenance activities through effective planning and compliance.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Suitable experience working in a rail environment with possession of a relevant Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics, preferably a Certificate IV in Rail Infrastructure; OR a Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree or a Diploma in a relevant field and/or substantial experience in the maintenance of civil/track assets, including applying track maintenance and construction policies, techniques and procedures;
- Good experience and understanding of the capabilities of major tools and machineries required for maintenance and construction of track in a railway environment;
- Substantial experience in applying safety management systems and knowledge of current Rail Safety Legislation;
- Demonstrated experience in management the performance of an operational team, with the ability to engage and empower teams and individuals and to deliver organisational requirements.
Applicants must be in possession of a current WA ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ class Driver’s Licence or equivalent; ability to work unsociable hours on occasion; be available for callouts; and to travel, work and stay away from home station, sometimes at short notice. On-call and availability allowance rates to apply as per the Public Transport Authority Salaried Officers Industrial Agreement 2020.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Derrick Ruane, Track Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 3778 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1 and 2 from the JDF, in no more than two (2) pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.