The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking an experienced Rail Safety Advisor to support the development and delivery of the PTA’s Safeworking system and projects to ensure that the strategic Safeworking objectives of the organisation are consistently achieved. The winning candidate will drive positive cultural change in Safeworking and competence of rail safety workers through professional advice and coaching as well as deliver Safeworking assurance activities of the PTA safety management system.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Sound knowledge of Safeworking rules, procedures and rail safety activities as well as Rail Safety National Law;
- Demonstrated ability to undertake rail accident/incident investigations and audits;
- Good and relevant experience in leading the implementation of Safeworking requirements in a complex environment;
- A relevant tertiary qualification, OR substantial relevant experience.
There is one fixed term appointment available to the 30 June 2024, with a possibility of extension and/or permanency. Applicants must be in possession of a current WA ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ class Driver’s Licence or equivalent and must have the ability to work outside normal working hours, including callouts.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Peter Lassen, Manager Safeworking on (08) 9326 3478 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed attached integrity and qualification consent form as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.