Level 4.1 VWGA $35.60 per hour
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only state-of-the-art Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre. Our portfolio of assets is currently valued at over $2 billion and continues to grow.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
About the Role
The Café Supervisor oversees the day to day operations of the retail café at Bendat Basketball Centre and all retail food and beverage offerings to venues ensuring safe and high quality customer experiences and maximisation of financial returns. The role also supports the Retail Supervisors at other venues.
This is a casual opportunity offering approximately 30 hours per week. The role will be required to work across a span of hours including weekends and night work.
Whilst the position will be based at Bendat Basketball Centre in Mount Caremont, mobility may be required between the portfolio of facilities.
About the Person
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a supervisory role in a catering or café environment. Experience working in functions would be highly regarded.
For any further job related information please contact Steve Sandison on 08 9441 8375
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position you must submit a:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the following essential capability in the context of this position:
- Previous experience managing the day to day operations of a retail catering operation including demonstrated experience in:
- Stock control and management;
- Supervision of staff; and
- Application and forecasting of budgets to achieve results.
Remember to check the closing date and time for the job you are applying for, as the onus is on the applicant to ensure it is lodged correctly with all attachments and is received on time!
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of lodging your application:
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status
- a Special Category Visa with unrestricted stay and work rights for New Zealand citizens
- documentary evidence (i.e. working visa) of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the duration of the fixed term appointment
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- National Police Clearance (obtained within the last three months)
- AHA COVID-19 – HOSPITALITY Hygiene Course: completion of this course prior to commencement is essential – as part of the onboarding process you will be required to upload the certificate of completion.
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
- application guide - casual positions - 2018 05.docx
- jdf - casual cafe supervisor.docx
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
2021-10-10 5:00 PM