CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Closing date extended until 4:00pm WST Thursday, 14 October 2021.
Development Officer Pool
Specified Calling Level 1-2 I Part-time, Full-time, Permanent, Full-time, Fixed term.
- Work within a team to increase adoption of proven research, development and innovation that will drive productivity and profitability improvements for the northern beef industry.
- Lead unique projects that are high priority for government and industry that benefit the northern beef industry.
We are establishing a Pool of Development Officers, with two (2) positions available for immediate filling.
A full-time - permanent position located in Karratha.
A full-time, fixed term opportunity available for 2 years with the possibility of extension and/or permanency located in Kununurra.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role as a Beef Development Officer you will have sound knowledge of the northern beef industry. Under general guidance and using independent judgement you will conduct grazing land management, animal production and business management focussed extension and industry development work aimed at improving beef business performance. Delivering benefits at the agri-food industry and beef industry sector level you will liaise with key industry stakeholders and contribute to the economic development and growth of the northern beef industry. You will lead and implement collaborative applied scientific research project work as required to accelerate adoption of regionally relevant research development and innovation.
For further key responsibilities please see attached JDF.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You will be enthusiastic, proactive, and ambitious individual, with a passion for people, innovation and the beef industry. We are after individuals who:
- Think strategically and innovatively whilst working independently in a remote environment.
- Be a strong people person and a team player to build effective and reliable relationships
- Be a passionate and professional communicator working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Note: A bachelor degree in Agricultural Science, Science or an approved equivalent, must be completed prior to an appointment with the department.
For all essential criteria, please see the attached JDF.
At DPIRD we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and strongly encourage people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, women and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our agency.
Get ready to apply. It’s simple.
Click the Apply if this is something that excites you! All we need is:
- A resume of no more than three (3) pages including details of two (2) referees
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages in length; aligning with the content in the advert, demonstrating how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Essential Work Related Requirements you are applying for:
Note: If you are applying for both level ranges, please ensure that you submit two (2) covering letters, one for each level.
Work Related Requirements for Specified Calling Level 1
- Work Related Requirement 2: Build effective relationships: Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to people from a wide and varied range of backgrounds, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Work Related Requirement 5: Deliver in a changing environment: Ability to organise and prioritise work and complete tasks within deadlines as priorities change.
- Work Related Requirement 6: Lead and empower others: Proven ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
Work Related Requirements for Specified Calling Level 2
- Work Related Requirement 3: Challenge for innovation: Ability to establish clear plans and timeframes, evaluate performance, identify the need for change, determine action and see tasks and projects through to completion.
- Work Related Requirement 4: Think strategically: Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to provide practical solutions to challenging issues and problems.
- Work Related Requirement 6: Lead and empower others: Ability to lead teams and work collaboratively in a team environment contributing to the achievement of team goals.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information. Please note that all of the Work-Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Need further information?
We’d love to hear from you!
To have a confidential discussion, Trevor Price, Manager Northern Beef Development, on 0437 826 003.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible for a permanent appointment to the Western Australian public sector you must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia. To be eligible for a fixed term or a casual appointment you must have documentary you must have documentary evidence of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the period as part of your application.
You will be required to provide a current National Police Certificate (police clearance) before commencing employment.
Special Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor degree in Agricultural Science, Science or an approved equivalent.
- A current and valid Western Australian "C" class (car) drivers’ license or equivalent is required (if not currently held must be acquired prior to commencement at applicant’s expense).
- An acceptable National Police Certificate (police clearance) is required. If not currently held, must be acquired prior to commencement at applicant’s expense.
- Occasional travel to and from metropolitan and regional offices may be required.
- The contract of employment specifies terms and conditions relating to this position.
This pool will be valid for a period of twelve (12) months following finalisation of the process and may be used to fill permanent and fixed term, full time and part time opportunities that may arise in this period. Please note, being appointed to the pool does not guarantee you placement to a position.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted. (Please note: Online lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on or after 4:00pm will not be accepted)
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, 14 October 2021 at 4:00 PM WST