The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking an individual with strong leadership and management skills to fill the position of Engineering Manager. Reporting to the General Manager of the Network & Infrastructure Division (N&I), the winning candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of engineering processes and procedures for projects and in-house design with the PTA. The incumbent of this position will manage the strategic relationship with consultants engaged in work to support PTA engineering projects, and is responsible for the coordination of engineering resources to support capital projects in N&I, and the interface with Infrastructure Planning & Land Services Division (IP&LS) and PTA Projects Delivery (PPE).
To ensure success you will possess:
- A formal tertiary qualification in Engineering in a rail engineering discipline that would satisfy requirements of Chartered Engineer status or equivalent;
- Broad technical knowledge across rail operations, track infrastructure, power systems, signalling and communications;
- Knowledge of design assurance using requirements verification/validation methods;
- Proven experience in making strategic decisions with financial, safety and operations impact and results.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis. As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake an aptitude, or other, form of testing.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Elwyn Gearon, General Manager Network & Infrastructure on (08) 9326 2871 or 0437 511 993 specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF in no more than 2 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.