The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking an individual with specialist skills and experience to fill the position of Principal Track Engineer – Design & Projects. Reporting to the Track Engineering Manager of the Network & Infrastructure Division, the winning candidate will lead the Track engineering projects within the Track Branch to ensure the PTA’s assets and infrastructure are safe and fit for purpose. The incumbent of this position will manage the delivery of projects and all associated resources, manage and conduct Entry into Service activities, contributes to asset management plans, design, maintenance regimes, and all other associated activities in accordance with PTA and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Relevant professional engineering qualifications that would satisfy the admission requirement for professional membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Extensive experience within the rail industry in the track discipline.
- Substantial experience in:
- Track Engineering and Development, Design and Delivery of Rail Projects.
- Providing engineering expertise and knowledge in the planning, design, commissioning and delivery of maintenance and/or construction works in an operational asset intensive environment.
- Applying safety management systems and knowledge of the Rail Safety Legislation.
- Applying asset management frameworks and leading the development of asset management strategy.
- Well developed leadership and management skills with the ability to engage and empower teams and individuals and to deliver organisational requirements.
There is one full time position available for an immediate start. You must have the ability to work unsociable hours, available for callouts and to trave and stay away from home station, sometimes at short notice.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Ms Lisa Allsopp, Track Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 3778 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria Core Competencies and 2. Management and Leadership in the JDF, focussing on the substantial experience component of the Core Competencies in no more than 2 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.