Please note: The closing date for this position has been extended until 5.00pm Wednesday 22 September 2021.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the operational performance of the power supply to Overhead Line equipment (OLE) and other electrical infrastructure, including non-traction High Voltage (HV) equipment, substations and track section cabins. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring electrical operations comply with relevant regulations and Public Transport Authority standards, including drafting procedures and associated documentation.
To be successful in this position you will need to possess:
- Possession of a current Western Australian Electrical Workers Licence “A” grade.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, 25kVac electrification of railway and railway functions.
- Demonstrated experience in safely applying health and safety legislation including Australian Standards relevant to electrification systems.
- Good understanding of Rail Safety Legislation.
- Well-developed leadership and management skills within a high risk environment, with the ability to engage and empower teams and individuals and to deliver organisational requirements.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with high level negotiations and consultations to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, including managing incidents and developing innovative solutions to engineering/ technical problems.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr. Cobus Cloete, Maintenance Manager Electrical on (08) 9326 3308 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur at the commensurate level or lower for up to 12 months.